Chemistry is the study of matter, its properties, how and why substances combine or separate to form other substances, and how substances interact with energy.
This series is written for students preparing for VCE Chemistry examination. Students can use it for revision, as a study guide or a source of alternate questions. It is designed for students who believe in self-study and intend to do topic revision.
- Based on the latest 2016-2021 VCE syllabus.
- For the purpose of understanding, all the study notes are illustrated with diagrams and graphics.
- Detailed chapter notes on each topic to understand the key concepts.
- Wide range of practice questions for each chapter.
- Step-by-step approached solution
- Chapter 1 – The atomic nature of matter
- Chapter 2- Electron arrangements and the periodic table
- Chapter 3- Metals
- Chapter 4- Ionic bonding
- Chapter 5- Quantifying atoms and molecules
- Chapter 6- Materials made of molecules
- Chapter 7- Intermolecular forces
- Chapter 8- Carbon lattices and carbon nanomaterials
- Chapter 9- Organic Compounds
- Chapter 10- Polymers
- Chapter 11-Research investigation
- Chapter 12-Properties of water
- Chapter 13-Water,the universal solvent
- Chapter 14-Aqueous solutions
- Chapter 15-Acid-base reactions in Water
- Chapter 16-Redox reactions in Water
- Chapter 17-Water sample analysis
- Chapter 18- Analysis for salts in water
- Chapter 19- Analysis for organic compounds in water
- Chapter 20- Volumetric analysis